Most people don’t live long enough to read all the T&Cs for every deal they sign up to, so this is a quick guide to the important bits you should be aware of when ordering broadband from Onestream:
1. Connection fees may apply for new line installations or re-activation of ‘stopped’ lines. These vary from time to time according to promotions and will be advised of during the course of signing up.
2. Onestream provide all new customers with a free new router and using it is plug and play simple. You only pay £9.99 for courier delivery. You can use your own router if you have one, but Onestream will still supply you with their own. You don’t have to use it.
3. Once your order is received, Onestream set up a direct debit with your bank and an initial payment of one month’s line rental is usually taken 10-16 days after you place your order. Thereafter, your bills are sent to you around 20th of each month and are payable by DD around 1st-3rd of the following month.
4. Uptime Calls – the Uptime calls bundle gives you free calls to standard UK landline numbers (01, 02, 03) up to a fair use level of 1000 minutes a month.
5. Calls to UK mobile numbers, if not included in any optional call bundles, cost 9.5p per minute.